VIEW CLE Accreditation by State
Using Experts to Navigate the Minefields of Litigation
Date: October 1, 2019
Time: 12:00PM - 01:30PM
You must be registered to participate!
Bringing one or more experts into play early in the process can assist parties in targeting issues for pre-litigation resolution and in developing theories, evidence, defenses and strategies that shape the litigation, and ultimately, the outcome at an alternative dispute resolution forum or trial. We will discuss perspectives outside consultants can bring to a construction dispute when they are engaged early. Building upon our 2019 Seminar discussion, we will use hypothetical scenarios to show how experts can assist counsel in framing issues and solutions from the outset of a potential dispute, allowing counsel to efficiently navigate the dispute resolution process.
Who Should Attend
- Construction attorneys handling pre-construction, construction, and dispute resolution phases of projects
- Municipality / public owner representatives
- Design and engineering professionals, especially those working on public projects
- Claims professionals encountering foreseeability issues on public properties with regard to accidents and emergencies such as shootings, floods, building collapse
What You Will Learn
- Benefits to your client of being proactive by early retention of experts in response to a construction accident or emergency such as shooting, flood or building collapse
- How and why it is important to document and preserve an accident or emergency site as soon as possible
- Use of experts for issue spotting and case planning
- How evolving social and environmental clients impact foreseeability of events for design and engineering professionals